Thursday, February 26, 2009

Februarypast.

It ran away behind my back...
Without me.

Time is passing so fast. It's the end of February, and i only realized that a few minutes ago when i was confirming the date of my piano competition. In the back of my head, i was still thinking that we were in the teens of black history month.

Maybe it's because of all the things that keep us busy so often, but i have very little bearing on time these days.
Seeing that number 26 was a wakeup call for me. And then I realized that February only has 28 days, and then that woke me up even more.

Having a lot of stuff to do eats time up like crazy. First of all, I waste time
worrying about the things i have to do. And then i waste time stalling so that i can put as much time between me and the thing i have to do. The thing that i have to do in itself comes along sooner or later, and for obvious reasons, that takes up quite a large part of the agenda. And then there's my absolute NEED for some kind of rebound period. I do this thing, where as soon as i've finished a big project, or assignment, i have to do something to reward myself. Whether it's a short game of cellphone-Sudoku, or a less-short-game of DOTA with the boys, it still takes up yet more time.

When you take all of those things into consideration, and toss in the fact that February is the most important month of the wrestling calendar, the result is a completely baffled Justin.

I'm scared of time going out the window without my knowing. I'm horrified of it. because i really don't want to be saying to myself in June; "I really didn't get to enjoy those last months of my highschool years". Actually, if school were to end right now, i know that's what i would be saying to myself (that's a do not want. donotwant.).

So i guess i'm deciding to pay more attention to every day, instead of just looking ahead to that 2:25 bell.

Song: Half Alive - Secondhand Serenade

3 comments:

Bradrian said...

cheers man, can't say i share your rebound methods, but i'm right there with ya
time is FLYING by, and I'm a little sorry to see it go
I'm gettin more and more scared as time passes, cuz it's like after it's over, it's OVER, i'm losing a whole chunk of my life
I'm gonna make the most of it, i hope you guys do too =]

Anonymous said...

you are so, so SO very right.
i had a pretty eventful february, however.
but you and me both on making the rest of the year just as, or even more memorable.

Anonymous said...

PS that was me, Vin :)