Thursday, March 5, 2009

crashpicture.

I'm a mentor!
No i'm not...

The group picture for the Xavier Mentors was today. According to that picture, Ria and i are Xavier Mentors :D. We thought it would be fun to crash the picture-taking party. We weren't mistaken. Well, we both were Mentors last year so it wasn't a COMPLETE lie. I can't wait until the year book committee has to write out the captions for the picture, and them comes to our faces. "Uhmm... who the hell is that... and that?"

This simple occurence brought to my attention my inability to keep up the busy schedule. School should always take priority. And it has, believe me it has. I've had to give up on a lot of things that i wish i were still doing to keep open time for homework, and working the job.

Mentorship, Futsal, Soccer, Wrestling Club, Badminton, and (kinda Band). Have all taken the fall to keep me free for work. And i guess it was the right decision to have dropped them for the work, because if i were doing all of that, then my grades and performance in school would be MUCH worse than it is right now. But since i'm not getting 100% on nearly as many tests as i would like to, I can't help but feel like i'm not getting the return for the sacrifice. I'm a bit bitter.

All of those things that i have had to drop, even though i might not want to admit it, were all at least a bit enjoyable for me. And i miss all of them. There's so many times in the day that i just think to myself that i wish i had more time to be able to do the things i want to do.

My parents have already expressed multiple times their wishes for me to give up on wrestling. Because if i get injured during university because of wrestling, it would affect my work. And i don't deny it, in fact i completely agree with them. But it doesn't make it any easier to swallow. Any way i look at it, wrestling was an escape for me. I don't want to give it up.

What i'm trying to say is, if i feel like i'm being starved of the extra-curriculars as of now, i'm gonna be crawling on my hands and knees in a year's time, lamenting. There's so much that i could have done if a day had twenty FIVE hours.

It feels like i've been thinking a lot about time recently. I need to cut that out.

Song: Can i Have This Dance - HSM3

8 comments:

Unknown said...

All of those things that i have had to drop, even though i might not want to admit it, were all at least a bit enjoyable for me.

you miss band
band is cool (not really)
because we're there .lol

Unknown said...

yeee first :)
love me .LOL

whiiteroses said...

whoa there is something not right about the comment page :P

that extra hour you want will be one more hour for dota .. dont deny it justin : )

whiiteroses said...

PS. OMG I FINALLY FIGURED OUT MY PASSWORD

hence, i can start commenting now :D

Bradrian said...

lol man, all i really want now is just a good night's sleep, followed by a day where everything goes right

after that, i'll be fine

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

my dirty little secret:
I MISS BAND

second dirty little secret:
im sad i didnt make the badminton team even though i didnt really try out

...



somehow i stopped doing all that stuff and i STILL get less sleep .
i feel for you jus!