Wednesday, October 22, 2008

cravings.

I am such an addictive person.
It gets to the point of ridiculousness sometimes.

I cannot go through a single day without having at least one monster craving. And i definitely do not use the term "monster craving" lightly. The worst thing about these monster cravings, is that they hit me like a lightning bolt. I'll just be walking down a hall at school, and all of a sudden, i just stop, shiver mentally and then my mind focuses on this ONE thing until i get it or until i get sufficiently distracted from it, which by the way is quite difficult to accomplish.

It's pretty annoying too. It usually gets in the way of my day. It's like someone put blinders on me and sent me off in the wrong direction.

Usually it's for food, and that's a pretty easy one to satisfy. All i have to do is wait until i get home and dive into a bowl of cookie dough or head over to Rabba and blow off ten bucks on Twix bars. The only problem with those cravings is that it's probably ridiculously unhealthy for me.

But what i'm actually talking about here; the craving that really puts a dent in my day, is the one for sleep. There's no possible way to cure that other than to, well, sleep. The thing about sleep is... it's such a waste of time, but when i need it, i really do need it. This doesn't cooperate very well my fourth period french class. I keep catching myself nodding off and collapsing almost onto Glenn's nearby shoulder (which, by the way, i'm sure is quite comfortable. goodonyoumate.).

I try everything to get my brain back into gear whenever this happens. I'm commonly seen self-slapping, self-pinching, or my least favourite, but most painful and therefore effective, self-biting. Unfortunately, each of these remedies usually results in only a short term consciousness, but long term pain. Also, it can make for some awkward situations when people see me biting myself... aheh...

The other kind of craving that i get that's particularily distracting is one for a good mark on a test (haha. you guys know where this is going. ahhpooie.). The thing about this craving, is that it's not quite as easily achieved as the two previously listed. It's not quickly remedied by a light snack, or a power nap. On the contrary, the solution in question is a much more complex, and long process including swimming through torrents of notes and concepts, and deciphering crpytic chemical formulas. All this just to acquire an amount of knowledge only sufficient to scrape a pass. And even then, there's the begging for marks that comes afterwards (lolgwen.).

These cravings... they aren't temporary. They're pretty much the summary of my academic career. A constant starvation, famine.

Anywhoooo i hope i don't sound to complainy, it's just a random observation i've made recently. (hopefullyyoualldon'tfeelthesameway.)

hopinforsevens.

This was written while listening to: Make it Mine - Jason Mraz

7 comments:

Unknown said...

hah, it's such a good song!
but yeah sleep is definitely a big thing for me too, the only way I can get over it is by playing a game.. but when I finish I feel like sleeping again.

s said...

i really wish i could just wake up, stop time, and sleep until im fully sleepified

sometimes i wake up and i pray that its still only 2 in the morning, but when i look at my clock its 1 minute before i have to wake up

its happened EVERY day this week

and i'm ALWAYS nodding off in french class =[

ps. you Didn't mention your "OTher" crAving!

Socks said...

"It's like someone put blinders on me and sent me off in the wrong direction." sounds kinda fun. like pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey.

LOL SEAN

ps. you Didn't mention your "OTher" crAving!

whiiteroses said...

begging for marks, here i comeeee.

let's not fail math tomorrow!

><

Zephy said...

So.. instead of studying for math I decided to read your blog instead. I'm definitely with you on that sleeping notion, but I just think it's an ib thing? hehe..

I lol'd at sean's comment

Bradrian said...

indeed
cravings are not very fun at all...
especially when they are impossible or inconvenient to fulfill...
those suck the most...

hmm...
damn it, i'm curious now...
and I know this will sound weird...
buuuuuutttt...
what DOES justin taste like...

tarsaye said...

one more thought jusbus...and that is (and this comes from my years upon years upon years upon unfinished-years of academic experience) that education shouldn't always be about the constant pursuit of marks. it's difficult, i get it, to keep some perspective on this, but try to remember why it is that you're learning in the first place.

and if your answer is "to get good marks," then you're missing the point. going for knowledge, for constant learning, and to satiate your thirst to know will not only continue to motivate you, but i guarantee that if you answer that thirst, marks will all come out in the wash as a side effect anyways.

there's some big sista love.