Sunday, October 19, 2008

missedthedantarts.

Yeah i always tell myself i should do this more.
Do i actually listen to myself? Pfft. never.

I just finished one of the longest weekends of my life. And contrary to what even i would expect of myself, most of what i have to say about it isn't complaints or rants... But there's still those too.

Recently, each day has been progressing in almost the exact same fashion. I get home, unpack my bags, grab a quick bite of last night's rice and peas and play a quick song on the piano to wake myself up. Then i head up to my room, toss my bag onto my unmade bed, steal a quick look at my agenda and whiteboard, and then decide what there is to do that i actually DO have time for.

But i think i'm giving myself more credit than i actually deserve. Don't get me wrong, i work hard. But am i working as hard as i possibly can? Hard enough that i can actually be proud of myself before i fall asleep? that's the better question i think.

I'd say usually, it's almost a yes, but not quite. But this week, after sitting my ass in that hard wood chair in my kitchen for about 18 hours in two days, i'm gonna have to say that i am genuinely proud of how much work i put into things this weekend. I actually skipped out on going down to Markham to have dimsum with the fam. Although when they got back it sounds like the amazing dan tarts took precedence in their minds over the empty chair.

Included in this weekend's agenda was the monster of a scholarship that i've been working on. The thing about this one, is that of all the scholarships i've heard of, seen, looked at; it's the one that i want the most. It's probably because it's quite competitive and i would really feel good about myself if i won it. A little bit of a morality boost is welcomed with open arms these days.

In this scholarship, like any other, i have to sell myself (haha. very funny, i know what you're thinking.youthinkyou'resofunny). I wouldn't call myself the most humble of all people, and i wouldn't call myself the most cocky of all people, but either way, i definitely had a rough time trying to yank out all of the impressive things about myself. Even more difficult is trying to present all the things about me that are impressive... in an impressive manner that makes me shine out from a group of impressive people competing for an impressive scholarship. Yeah i've had a lot of time to think about this over the weekend.

Alltogether, all of this work this weekend was so worth it. Even if i don't win this scholarship I still feel pretty good about myself for having worked so hard at something... anything. I just need to get my ass down on a chair to do this more often. (bunsofsteel.)

comeonjusyoucandothis.

Stressed over while listening to : Tongue Tied - October Fall

(Hopefully "Kinkeejou's Garden of Random Scribbles" will be up soon. It's a team blog, so far with authors: Justin, Glenn, Sean = Glustinean).

3 comments:

Zephy said...

aw, no dim sum, but plenty of hard work instead! xD
you deserve a medal.. if I had one to give to you
instead, I'll give you a picture to put up on your blog page lol

s said...

haha, justin's a prostitute!
good job with the ass-sitting, i don't the patience to just sit and work for an extended period of time
that's not how i roll

Unknown said...

I didn't even think of the prostitute thing until you said it <.<
You definitely deserve that scholarship. Too lazy for it -__-